Great news for job seekers in China: There are still plenty of jobs at public schools and universities in Tianjin. Interested parties may apply to the link, or with the email address listed at the bottom of the post. You may apply yourself or refer a friend. I hope to hear from you soon!
We’re seeking teachers for public school and universities across Tianjin Municipality. Public schools and university positions have the benefit of a regular work schedule, and the schools offer fully comprehensive curriculum with lesson plans and teaching materials provided, plus induction training upon arrival.
Tianjin is best known as the main port of entry for China’s northeastern manufacturing corridor. It’s the largest coastal city in the north and is just a stone’s throw from the capital – going to Beijing is a 30-minute ride by high-speed rail.
Tianjin has a rich history and has many examples of old British and Italian architecture. The famous Italian Concession Area has the largest cluster of Old Italian architecture outside of Italy. Other local attractions are the Huanyaguang section of the Great Wall, the Tianjin Eye and Tianjin’s Ancient Culture Street. Outside the city centre is Binhai, which includes Tanggu and TEDA (Tianjin Economic Development Zone). These areas are home to much of Tianjin’s commercial activity and is one of the engines driving the city’s rapid economic growth.
English Teacher in Tianjin, Tianjin Municipality | Public Primary/Secondary Schools and Universities
1 September 2015 – 30 June 2016
- Teach classes of 25-45 students
- Up to 25 classes weekly; full-time position (40 total hours)
- Teaching oral English, preparing class activities
- Monday – Friday schedule (weekends off)
- Native English speaker from United States, Canada, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland, or New Zealand
- 24-60 years old (to meet work visa age restrictions)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Teaching experience is preferred
- TEFL/TESOL certification
- A clean criminal record
- Excellent physical and mental health
- Must be able to commit to a one-year contract
- Sociable, positive and hard-working
- Culturally inquisitive
- Looking for a challenge
- Salary CNY 8,000 – 15,000/per month (commensurate with the teacher’s qualifications and experience)
- Overtime paid at CNY 100/hour
- Apartment allowance CNY 2,000/month OR a fully furnished single apartment (inquire during the interview for details)
- Flight allowance CNY 5,000
- Contract completion bonus CNY 3,000
- Z-visa and residence permit
- Health insurance
- Paid Chinese holiday (11 days)
- 7-days unpaid annual leave
- Additional unpaid leave is negotiable with adequate prior notice
- Unpaid holiday during summer and winter break (with the OPTION to work at private schools, international kindergartens, etc.)
- Comprehensive cirriculum, lesson plans, and teaching materials provided
- Teaching assistants for classes with young students *Induction training after arrival
- Arrival support (airport pickup, arrange local bank account, phone, etc.)
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, we kindly request you prepare the following materials:
- Your resume/CV
- A recent photograph
- Scan copy of your passport information page
- Scan copies of your degree and TEFL/TESOL certificates
- Your current location and preferred start date
Option 1: Apply through the link.
Option 2: Apply through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and write “Tianjin Public School – WP” in the Subject Line of the email.
Due to the volume of applications received, please understand it may not be possible for the company to contact each candidate individually. A recruitment professional will be in contact with you if we are interested in pursuing your candidacy further.
Thank you again for your interest in this position, and for choosing ESL Suite to assist you with your job search in China!
Managing Director at ESL Suite in Tianjin